Affecting one in every 500 adults in the UK, Parkinson’s disease (PD) most often occurs in people over 50 years of age, although some will be younger – like the actor Michael J Fox who was diagnosed with young-onset PD at the age of 30.
Everyone’s experience of living with PD is different so Angel Care specialist support helps sufferers, and their loved ones, manage the many issues and challenges living with this condition can bring.
Choose Angel Care For:
- Cognitive stimulation – such as reading or talking
- Personal care support
- Medication management
- Nutritional advice and support
- Help to continue enjoying your favourite social activities
- Assistance with everyday tasks
- Help with exercises
- Live-in support
More on Parkinson’s Disease
- PD destroys the nerve cells that produce dopamine, making it impossible for the brain to send proper signals to the muscles
- Initial symptoms include: aching, stiffness, a mild tremor and a general feeling of fatigue and weakness
- Progressive difficulties include: problems with blinking or walking, talking, swallowing, coordination and balance
- Less noticeable symptoms include bowel and bladder problems, difficulty sleeping, excessive sweating, anxiety and depression
How We Can Help
Together we create a care plan tailored specifically to your personal needs and preferences. Our experienced care staff will help you negotiate condition challenges and adapt to lifestyle changes – such as regular exercise and good nutrition and hydration – all from the comfort of your own home.
Got more questions on Parkinson’s Disease? Take a look at Parkinson’s UK.
Or, contact your local Angel Care office to speak with one of our friendly care team about creating a Parkinson’s Disease care and support package to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.