Acquired brain injury (ABI) – an injury caused to the brain since birth – can be emotionally and practically challenging for both the patient and their loved ones. You may even have to make considerable changes to the way you live.
So, Angel Care’s quality home care services are tailored specifically to support those with ABI and their family.
Choose Angel Care for:
- Support in relearning basic life skills
- Personal care – to keep you looking and feeling your best
- Medication management
- Help with developing confidence towards greater independence and socialising
- Advice on and support with nutrition
- Child care support – helping children adjust to changes in a loved one
- Help with household chores and everyday tasks
- Respite care
- Emergency planning
- Emotional support
More on Acquired Brain Injury
- Possible causes for ABI include: falls, accidents, tumours and stroke
- The more severe the ABI, the more pronounced the long-term effects may be
- Although the effects are often similar, there are key variances that make treating and coping with ABI unique
- Common symptoms include: headaches, dizziness, fatigue, depression, irritability and memory problems, sometimes lasting for months or even years
- Severe ABI can create complex long-term problems affecting personality, relationships and the ability to lead an independent life
How We Can Help
Our experienced care workers help people with ABI to maximise their potential and enjoy fulfilling lives at home by creating a care plan tailored to their unique needs and preferences.
Want to know more about ABI? Try the brain injury association Headway.
Or, call your local Angel Care office to speak with one of our friendly care team about creating an acquired brain injury care and support plan to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.