Bariatrics deals with the causes, prevention and treatment of obesity. A common problem, obesity is estimated to affect around one in every four adults in the UK.
Unfortunately obesity can lead to serious and potentially life-threatening conditions and can affect quality of life. That’s why Angel Care’s sensitive and professional services provide obese clients with the support they require at home.
Choose Angel Care For:
- Personal care assistance
- Skin care support
- Someone to talk to
- Help planning and creating nutritious meals
- Assistance to attend your favourite social activities
- Help with everyday tasks
- Medication management
More on Bariatrics & Obesity
- Here ‘obesity’ refers to those over 25 stone
- Generally caused by eating too much and moving too little obesity is also caused by underlying medical conditions or certain medications
- Complications include: breathlessness, difficulty performing physical activities, fatigue, joint and back pain, and low self-esteem
- Further risks include: type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, stress incontinence, obstructive sleep apnoea and pregnancy complications
How We Can Help
Diet, exercise, behaviour therapy and anti-obesity drugs are first-line treatment, while weight loss surgery may also be considered. The combination of approaches used is unique to each patient, but all will require commitment and regular monitoring, that’s where Angel Care can help.
We’ll create a care plan tailored to your specific needs, preferences and aims, enabling you to stay in the familiar surroundings of your own home.
Or, contact your local Angel Care department to speak with one of our friendly care team about creating a bariatric care and support package to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.