Dementia describes a variety of strains. Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia in the UK, affecting an estimated 1 in 14 people over the age of 65 and 1 in every 6 people over the age of 80.
Everyone’s experience of living with dementia is different so Angel Care specialist support helps sufferers, and their loved ones, manage the many issues and challenges living with this condition can bring.
Choose Angel Care for:
- Medication support
- Assistance with personal care
- Catheter care and continence management
- Help to establish a regular exercise routine
- Dietary support
- Assistance with household chores and everyday tasks
- Companionship, or help to remain involved with your favourite social activities
Types of Dementia
- Alzheimer’s – the most common type of dementia, Alzheimer’s results in severe memory loss and eventually other symptoms, like confusion, disorientation, personality changes, communication problems and impaired mobility
- Vascular or Multi-infarct Dementia – caused by reduced blood flow linked to underlying health conditions, like high blood pressure and diabetes
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies – a less common form of dementia presenting memory and judgement problems, plus impaired concentration and visual perception
- Frontotemporal Dementia – a rare but significant cause of dementia in people under the age of 65 resulting in changes to personality, behaviour, and language
How We Can Help
Or, Contact your local Angel Care office to speak with one of our friendly care team about creating a dementia care and support package to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.