Angel Care provides a range of care and support services to help you manage the unique challenges of living well with diabetes.
Affecting over 3 million people in the UK diabetes can be challenging, but our understanding and knowledgeable care team can help you live life your way.
Choose Angel Care for:
- Support in managing common symptoms
- Assistance with taking medication and checking glucose levels
- Help identifying signs of hypoglycaemia
- Diabetes-friendly dietary assistance
- Support in pursuing an active lifestyle
- Someone to liaise with health care services
What is Diabetes?
- Diabetes is a lifelong condition that causes a person’s blood sugar level to become too high
- Blood sugar is controlled by a hormone called insulin
- Insulin moves glucose out of the blood and into cells, where it’s broken down to produce energy
- However, if you have diabetes, your body is unable to break down glucose into energy
Symptoms & Challenges
- Associated risks include: heart disease, stroke, dementia, nerve damage, skin lesions, blindness, chronic kidney disease, circulation problems, muscle-wasting and damage to ligaments and joints
- Resulting challenges – it’s vital to balance your insulin doses with the food you eat and the activity you do. This means planning ahead and knowing your body’s typical blood glucose responses
How We Can Help
Our care workers can help you find the balance between activity, food, and insulin. We’ll support you to take steps to prevent or delay health complications and continue to enjoy a normal and active life.
Or, contact your nearest Angel Care office and speak with one of our friendly team about creating a diabetes care and support package to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.