We at Angel Care appreciate that a Huntington’s disease (HD) diagnosis is very stressful and upsetting for all the family, not least because of the disease’s inherited nature.
An incurable and degenerative disease HD sufferers will require support and care with day-to-day living, at some point, but this does not have to mean residential care.
Choose Angel Care for:
- Maintaining general health and easing symptoms
- Personal care and hygiene support
- Help taking medication and attending medical appointments
- Support in managing anxiety or loneliness
- Assistance with household chores and everyday tasks
- Living the end of your life with dignity
What is Huntington’s Disease?
- HD is an inherited condition that damages certain nerve cells in the brain
- This brain damage gets progressively worse over time and can affect movement, cognition and behaviour
- There’s no cure and its progress can’t be reversed or slowed down
How We Can Help
Angel Care supports HD suffers and their family manage symptoms and live as full a life as possible in the comfort of your own home and within your community.
A qualified and experienced care worker will work with you to create a personalised care plan tailored to your needs and preferences.
Or, contact your local Angel Care office to speak with our friendly care team about a Huntington’s Disease care and support package to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.