High blood pressure, or hypertension, affects about 1 in 4 adults across England and can lead to a range of health problems, including heart disease and stroke. But don’t let high blood pressure stop you living your life!
Our Angel Care team can help you make the lifestyle changes necessary to reduce the risks associated with high blood pressure – making a real difference to your health and wellbeing.
Choose Angel Care for:
- Dedicated dietary support
- Support to include regular, achievable exercise in your routine
- Help in maintaining the social activities that are important to you
- Medication support and help attending medical appointments
- General care and support for all aspects of daily living
What is High Blood Pressure?
- Hypertension means there’s too much pressure in your blood vessels
- This pressure puts extra stress on your arteries and heart
- The extra strain can lead to serious conditions – including: heart attack, heart failure, kidney disease, stroke, or dementia
How We Can Help
Sometimes called the ‘silent killer’ high blood pressure rarely has noticeable symptoms. Once diagnosed your doctor may prescribe medication, but lifestyle changes also play an important part.
Angel Care provides you with personal care and support you need to maintain your lifestyle and your wellbeing.
Got more questions about high blood pressure? Then try the NHS website.
Or, contact your local Angel Care office to speak with one of our care team about creating a hypertension care and support package to suit you.
Find your nearest branch HERE.