The brain needs mental exercise to maintain cognitive function, but often older people or those undergoing medical treatment or rehabilitation don’t get the mental stimulation they need.
That’s why Angel Care services are designed to promote engagement, fun and stimulation, wherever possible.
Choose Angel Care for:
- Support to maintain mental stimulation – through brain teasers, puzzles and games, etc
- Encouragement to try new activities or to revisit old ones – it’s never too late!
- Supervisors who help you make a care plan which includes your personal interests
Why Mental Exercise
- Mental exercise stimulates the brain, positively affecting thinking and reasoning, memory and processing speed
- Cognitive activities help to keep minds sharp and alert while reducing the risk or delaying the onset of age-related dementia
- Learning a new hobby or skill stimulates brain cells and can help maintain eye and hand coordination and fine motor skills
- Hobbies and skills can also promote interaction, enjoyment and a sense of positive self-esteem
- Even slightly changing an everyday activity can enhance cognitive skills!
How We Help
Angel Care believes it’s important to include mental stimulation and fun as part of your personal care plan. That’s why we provide care workers who support you to be the best you can be mentally and physically.
Have more questions about our care services?
Contact your local Angel Care office and speak with one of our friendly care team about creating a support package to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.