Living with multiple sclerosis (MS) brings many challenges and requires some significant adjustments by both patients and their loved ones. That’s where our specialist, domiciliary MS support services come in.
Choose Angel Care For:
- Support with bathing or dressing
- Catheter care and continence management
- Help to establish a regular exercise routine
- Assistance with keeping hydrated or maintaining a nutritious diet
- Help with household chores or everyday tasks, like shopping
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a condition of the central nervous system
- An autoimmune disease, the immune system mistakenly attacks the myelin sheath that protects the nerve fibres
- Messages get disturbed and slow down or stop altogether
- Symptoms usually start in your 20s or 30s – in fact, this is the most common disease of this type affecting younger adults
- Common symptoms include: overwhelming fatigue, dizzy spells, muscle spasms, numbness, difficulty swallowing, bowel and bladder problems, visual problems and cognitive impairment
- Generally symptoms worsen over time, although they will often fluctuate
- MS stays with you for life
How We Can Help
Our Angel Care staff understand MS is complex, and has many symptoms. Most people won’t experience them all, and certainly not at the same time, but specialist treatment, care and support can help sufferers to manage.
Our carefully created support plans help our clients navigate the various medications, therapies and lifestyle changes required to maintain wellbeing in the comfort of their own home.
Got more questions about MS? Find out more from the MS Society.
Or, contact your local Angel Care office to speak with one of our friendly care team about creating an MS care and support package to support you.
Find your local branch HERE.