Staying fit and healthy is an important part of maintaining good mental and physical fitness at any age – and the benefits are vast.
That’s why our care workers support clients, able to participate in physical activities, to take take exercise at home or even join community classes or events.
- A healthy, active lifestyle helps stimulate the brain
- Exercise helps to reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases
- It aids management of active problems – such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and high cholesterol
- Exercise improves the ability to function and stay independent – for example, in cases where people have lung disease or arthritis
- It reduces symptoms of depression and pain
- Exercise improves balance and helps prevent falls
- It can also be fun and a great way to socialise
How We Can Help
We encourage and support our care clients to take part in simple, healthy activities, taking into consideration choice and individual ability.
Our care workers will discuss your preferences with you as part of your care and support plan and are here to support you with anything from taking a walk to attending classes or events.
Got more questions? The NHS Get Active Your Way page has great advice for people of all ages and fitness levels.
Or, contact your nearest Angel Care office and speak with one of our friendly care team about creating a support package to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.