Anyone who’s read journalist Melanie Reid’s award-winning column for The Times on life as a tetraplegic appreciates that sustaining a spinal injury is life changing for both the person injured and their loved ones.
Whatever the nature of your spinal injuries Angel Care is here to help with specialist support for you rehabilitation or continuing care.
Choose Angel Care For:
- Medication management
- Support bathing and dressing
- Catheter care and continence management
- Support to remain hydrated and consume a nutritious diet
- Assistance with routine household chores or everyday tasks
- Help to keep you connected to the people and activities important to you
- Emotional support
- Rehabilitation services
More on Spinal Injury
- Paraplegia – damage to the spinal cord in your back, paraplegia affects the movement and sensation in your legs and possibly stomach muscles
- Tetraplegia – damage to the spinal cord in your neck, tetraplegia affects movement and sensation in all four limbs, as well as stomach and chest muscles
- Partial damage to the spinal cord means some sensation and movement will return – but this could take up to two years
- Permanent damage can increase the risk of: pressure sores, hypothermia, hyperthermia, stroke and injury from uncontrolled muscle spasms
How We Can Help
The nature of every spinal injury is different so Angel Care’s knowledgeable staff help clients create a personalised care plan that focuses on your personal needs, preferences and goals.
Got more questions? Take a look at the Spinal Injuries Association for further information.
Or, contact your local Angel Care office to speak with one of our friendly care team about creating a spinal injuries care and support package to suit you.
Find your local branch HERE.